Here we are, the week of Valentine’s day and for those who like to bake, here’s a little excuse to warm up the house with the smell of delicious baked goods. You don’t need an excuse really, and Valentine’s day is just another day of the year to love your significant other but I am sure they’ll appreciate these Vegan Valentine’s Cupcakes any time and anywhere.
Best yet is that these do not contain any animal and that is always a good thing amiright!
Prep Time: 20 mins |Cook Time: 25 mins
For the cupcakes
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
For the frosting
- 1 cup Violife creamy original ‘cheese’
- 1/4 cup coconut powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar icing (confectioner’s sugar)
- Fresh sliced strawberries and coconut flakes (to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a cupcake tray with 6 cupcake holders.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Then add the almond milk, vanilla extract, oil and white vinegar. Mix in thoroughly, using a hand whisk to get rid of any lumps.
- Pour the batter into a jug and pour evenly into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Move to a cooling rack and allow to cool before frosting.
- Prepare the frosting by mixing together the Violife creamy, the coconut powder and the icing sugar until well combined. Using a piping bag cover each cupcake with the frosting.
- Decorate with fresh strawberry slices and coconut flakes.
Vegan Valentine’s Cupcakes recipe has been converted to U.S. standard cooking measurements.
Click here to view original web page at RECIPE: Vegan Valentine’s Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting